Tips on what to do on hail and your home
The Insurance House
Hail season is once again upon us. Here are some tips you can use to limit the impact hail can have on you.
• Before a Storm happens be sure your trees are well maintained and your gutters are clean from all debris. Bring any exterior property and lawn furniture inside or under a roof.
After a Storm
• Inspect the damage and check for leaks; put a tarp over the damaged or leaking area asap.
• Make sure when you call a roofer they can provide references and are an established company in town.
• Call at least three different contractors to give you estimates before you choose one to go with, and never pay for an estimate.
• Always talk to your local insurance agent and at least three contractors before making a claim to ensure the damage you have will be covered by your insurance company.
• Use the same contractor you originally had do work on your home if you were satisfied with the job they did.
• Never hesitate to ask your local insurance agent if they can recommend a contactor to you, often they know reputable companies operating around town.